Fall 2017 applications due Tuesday, September 5th.
Arabic Flagship Program interns will use their Arabic language, hard work, and creativity to help benefit the Flagship Program. This is a great way to gain some marketable work experience, earn some money, and help us to have a great program at the same time.
Interns will work on cultural events, large-scale conferences, recruitment, outreach, and many other areas. We really value the ideas and the skills that our interns bring. Here are the important details:
- Internships will begin early in the semester and conclude on the final day of classes.
- We require an average of five hours per week of work. (Dependent on program needs)
- Interns are awarded a $500 Scholarship for their contributions per semester. This is awarded at the end of each semester.
If you are interested - please complete an application form.
Typical Intern Duties Include:
- Attend weekly meeting with Flagship Coordinator & Internship Teammates
- Assist with administrative duties relating to cultural activities and outreach
- Coordinate and attend class visits to promote the Flagship programs and Summer Institute
- Maintain our Flagship social media outlets (Facebook, Blog, etc.)
- Help create & contribute content to the AFP student newsletter (photos, articles, etc)
- Help plan and participate in large-scale outreach events such as Maryland Day
- Collaborate with the Flagship Coordinator and other interns to plan, set up and lead selected cultural activities
- Attend and document activities at AFP clubs and field trips
- Related duties as assigned by the Flagship Coordinator
Questions? – Please email Lianne Berne at email@example.com or give her a call at 301.405.4742