Fall 2016 Internships
The Arabic Flagship Program is delighted to announce two new internships for Fall 2016. Our interns will use their Arabic, hard work, and creativity to help benefit the Flagship Program. This is a great way to gain some marketable work experience, earn some money, and help us to have a great program at the same time.
Interns will work on cultural events, large-scale conferences, recruitment, outreach, and many other areas. We really value the ideas and the skills that our interns bring. Here are the important details:
Internships will begin in early September and conclude December 12, 2016
We require an average of five hours per week of work. (Dependent on program needs)
Interns are awarded a $500 Scholarship for their contributions per semester. This is awarded at the end of each semester.
If you are interested - please complete an application form. Applications are due by 5pm, Monday, September 12th in SQH 2105.
Typical Intern Duties Include:
- Attend weekly meeting with Flagship Coordinator & Internship Teammates
- Assist with administrative duties relating to cultural activities and outreach
- Coordinate and attend class visits to promote the Flagship programs and Summer Institute
- Maintain our Flagship social media outlets (Facebook, Blog, etc.)
- Help create & contribute content to the AFP student newsletter (photos, articles, etc)
- Help plan and participate in large-scale outreach events such as Maryland Day
- Collaborate with the Flagship Coordinator and other interns to plan, set up and lead selected cultural activities
- Attend and document activities at AFP clubs and field trips
- Related duties as assigned by the Flagship Coordinator
Questions? – Please email Lianne Berne at firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call at 301.405.4742