Am I eligible to apply to the Persian Capstone Program?
To be eligible, you must be a full time Persian Flagship student in good standing, at an Advanced proficiency level (ILR 2).
As a Capstone student, what is expected from me in addition to taking Persian classes?
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with a language partner to practice your Persian
-Live in the Persian House and participate in evening and Sunday activities
- Participate in Persian Capstone events and field trips
Can I work or be a part-time student while in the Capstone Program?
The Capstone Year is a full time commitment, and students can expect to spend about 60-65 hours per week engaged in activities. Students are enrolled full time and take 13 credits each semester.
As a Capstone student, am I eligible for scholarships?
Yes, Capstone students are eligible for need-based funding to help meet the costs of the intensive summer and the Capstone Year. Flagship staff work closely with students to make good financial plans and to help them pursue funding for their studies. Current students can view our Scholarships & Internships page for more detailed information.
What are the requirements to become a Flagship Certified Graduate?
- Complete your UMD undergraduate degree(s)
- Complete the Capstone Year and internship
- Achieve a level 3 (Superior) in Persian at the end of program testing in Speaking