We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2018!
The Persian Flagship Program accepts applications three times a year- at the end of the University of Maryland Summer Language Institute (August), at the end of the Fall Semester, and at the end of the Spring Semester . If you are studying Persian at UMD, a Flagship staff member or intern will be visiting your class during each academic semester to tell you about the program and answer any questions you may have. No prior Persian language study is required to apply for the program.
We are looking for students who:
- Are currently degree seeking undergraduate students at UMD or have applied to UMD
- Demonstrate language learning talent
- Show long term commitment to Persian
- Are high academic achievers with GPAs of 3.25+
- Demonstrate character and leadership potential
How to apply:
- Complete the Application Form, including essays, unofficial transcript, and instructor recommendation.
- Return all materials to the Flagship Coordinator in 3116 H.J. Patterson Hall by August 24, 2018.
- To be considered for scholarships, you must have filed current year's FAFSA (UM's FAFSA code is 002103)
Applications are reviewed by a committee of Flagship faculty and staff. Students considered for admission will be contacted for an on campus interview with the Persian Flagship Director and program staff. Students will also undergo a brief evaluation of their language skills.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.