We are currently accepting applications for Spring 2017!
The Persian Flagship Program accepts applications three times a year- at the end of the University of Maryland Summer Language Institute (early August), at the end of the Fall Semester (early December) and at the end of the Spring Semester (early May). If you are studying Persian at UMD, a Flagship staff member or intern will be visiting your class during each academic semester to tell you about the program and answer any questions you may have.
We are looking for students who:
- Are currently degree seeking undergraduate students at UMD or have applied to UMD
- Demonstrate language learning talent
- Show long term commitment to Persian
- Are high academic achievers with GPAs of 3.25+
- Demonstrate character and leadership potential
How to apply:
- Complete the Application Form, including essays, transcripts, and instructor recommendation.
- Return all materials to the Flagship Coordinator in 3116 H.J. Patterson Hall by January 13, 2017.
- To be considered for scholarships, you must have filed current year's FAFSA (UM's FAFSA code is 002103)
Applications are reviewed by a committee of Flagship faculty and staff. Students considered for admission will be contacted for an on campus interview with the Persian Flagship Director and program staff. Students will also undergo a brief evaluation of their language skills.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.